Exterior Fire-X™ (XFX) is pressure-impregnated, kiln-dried after treatment fire-retardant lumber and plywood for exterior and interior applications.
XFX lumber and plywood is UL listed and produced in accordance with quality control procedures mandated by the International Code Counsel Evaluation Service (ICC-ES).
When XFX wood is exposed to fire, water and non-combustible gas will form, as well as a layer of heatproof char, which prevents combustion and insulates the wood from further damage.
Exterior Fire-X™ Treated Lumber & Plywood Features
Exterior Fire-X™ (XFX) provides comprehensive fire protection for projects that will likely be exposed to hot outside weather, as well as other humid environments.
- Commonly accepted by building codes for roof construction, fascia, and exterior structures. Can also be used for interior structural elements.
- Free of halogens, sulfates, chlorides, ammonia phosphate, and contains no added urea formaldehyde.
- Meets the performance requirements of AWPA U1, Commodity Specification H for US Category UCFA and AWPA C20/C27 (Type A, HT).
- Listed on the Department of Defense (DoD) Qualified Products List (QPL) and meets the requirements of MIL-L-19140-E.
- Available with a blue colorant as required for identification by the nuclear power industry and DoD Mil Spec requirements, Type II (Exterior Type).
XFX lumber and plywood, while intended for outside use, does not contain any rot or insect resistant properties. XFX treated material that will be exposed to weather or high humidity environments should be painted, stained or treated with a water repelling, wood preservative.
We offer Exterior Fire-X™ (XFX) in the Following Sizes and Styles:
- 2×4 – 10, 12 & 16′
- 2×6 – 10, 12 & 16′
- 2×8 – 10, 12 & 16′
- 2×10 – 10, 12 & 16′
- 2×12 – 10, 12 & 16′
- 4×4 – 10, 12 & 16′
- 6×6 – 12 & 16′
- 5/4×6 Radius Edge Decking – 12 & 16′
- Rated Sheathing 15/32, 19/32 & 23/32″
Exterior Fire-X™ BLUE Lumber & Plywood
Exterior Fire-X™ BLUE has the same fire-retardant performance qualities as Exterior Fire-X but has a blue stain added for color-codification and easy identification. XFX BLUE is regularly specified by government and the nuclear power industry.
Available Exterior Fire-X™ BLUE Lumber & Plywood include:
- 2×4 – 8 & 16′
- 2×6 – 16′
- Additional lumber sizes by special order
- Rated Sheathing ⅜, 15/32, 19/32 & 23/32″